In the past, we have contributed to the following Charities:
- The Hospice in the Weald.
- Nigel Field had made a suggestion some time ago to raise funds for this Hospice and, following his death in 2020, it was decided to hold a Charity Dinner later that year for this worthy cause.
- Unfortunately COVID lockdowns prevented this from happening and the event was postponed until 2021, when a BBQ was held and on 17th August 2021, a presentation of a cheque for £1,150 was made to Glen Goodall, Charity Ambassador for the Hospice. A further contribution to the Hospice Charity was made on the 16th December 2021, when we sent another £400, being the sum generated via the AGM, Autumn Lunch, ‘Top Hat’ outing and the Christmas Lunch.
- Chestnut Tree Hospice.
- The Eastbourne Pension Club (who, at the end of 2019, merged with the Mid-Sussex Spread Eagles) had been raising money over the past 10 years for this Hospice.
- They raised a magnificent £12,270.20, with the help of the Barclays Matching Funds facility. The presentation of the cheque to the Charity took place on 6th February, 2020.
- The Rotary Club of Cuckfield and Lindfield (through their annual sponsored Darts Tournament) - amount raised from 2010 to 2020: £25,522.70
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (through a fund-raising dinner and a visit to their training centre in Leamington Spa) - amount raised at the Dinner: £2,171.25 together with a further £230.00 during the visit.
- The Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance (through a fund-raising dinner) - amount raised: £2,191.40