Financial support and advice
BARCLAYS ALFRED FOSTER CHARITABLE SETTLEMENT
- A Barclays charitable trust that helps employees, past and present, who find themselves in need. The charitable trust also assists children of past and present Barclays employees in areas of further education. To contact them, telephone
01606 313 118
BANK WORKERS CHARITY (BWC)
- This is the only charity in the UK supporting current and former bank employees and their dependants. BWC helps retired bank workers by offering a wide range of services and, in some case, financial support tailored to your needs
BWC has a team of professional Client Advisors and Visiting Caseworkers. They also work with a variety of partners, including Leonard Cheshire Disability and Cruse Bereavement Care, to provide you with specialist support. Some areas they can help with include caring responsibilities, bereavement, loneliness and isolation, and money.
If you are not sure whether BWC can help, call one of their friendly Client Advisors and they will do their best to help.
Call BWC in confidence on their free helpline: 0800 0234 834, e-mail them at email@example.com
or find out more by visiting bwcharity.org.uk
ENERGY SAVING TRUST
- This trust provides advice on saving money on energy bills and sourcing grants for energy-saving improvements. Telephone
0300 123 1234 or visit energysavingtrust.org.uk
FRIENDS OF THE ELDERLY
- A charity that provides support for all older people, particularly those in need, due to mental or physical frailty, isolation or poverty.
0207 730 8263 or visit fote.org.uk
- Free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems. Telephone
0808 808 4000 or visit nationaldebtline.org
- A charity that helps people in financial need access welfare benefits, charitable grants and other forms of support. Telephone
0808 802 2000 or vist turn2us.org.uk