Next year we have chosen the County of Norfolk as the destination for our weekend break and it’s guaranteed to put you in the Christmas mood.
Although this trip may seem a long way off, we need to book & pay for the Thursford show tickets in December this year, which is why we are advertising now.
Our trip will include:
- Coach transport – 32 seat Executive Diner Coach with pick-up points at Lewes, Uckfield & Haywards Heath – exact times will be confirmed nearer the day of departure
- Two nights’ dinner, bed & breakfast at the Dales Country House Hotel, Lodge Hill, Upper Sheringham, Norfolk, NR26 8TJ. www.dalescountryhouse.co.uk
- Travel to Fakenham to visit Langham Glass, which was established in 1979 by Master Glassmaker Paul Miller and is still run as a family business today. See the glassmakers in action using age old techniques to create the well-known and collectable finest handmade crystal.
- We’ll make a lunch stop on the way to Fakenham.
- Morning – a short drive to Holt, which is a charming little town. Enjoy a stroll, maybe a little festive shopping or just some time to yourselves for a coffee.
- Afternoon – matinee performance of the Thursford Christmas Spectacular show. This award-winning show has been going for over 40 years and is probably Norfolk’s best kept secret. It’s certainly the biggest show I’ve ever been to with around 360 dancers, singers, musicians and variety acts and is truly spectacular!
After a leisurely breakfast, we make our way to Newmarket Racecourse for a visit to “Presents Galore”, East Anglia’s biggest and most glamorous gift fair.
From candles to cashmeres, toys to toiletries, food to fantasies, jewellery to jugs, books to bronzes. There is something for everyone!
The event takes place in very comfortable surroundings inside the Millennium Grandstand and there are restaurant facilities on site for refreshments.
The cost is £370 per person, based on two people sharing a room and places are limited to 32. A few single rooms are available at an additional cost of £40.
A non-refundable deposit of £50 per person would be payable at the time of booking and excludes travel insurance (you would be responsible for arranging this).
To reserve your place and obtain a booking form, please contact Sue Russell by 30th November, 2020.