October 13th-15th, 2020 - Autumn Break (Suffolk)
This year we have chosen the county of Suffolk as the destination for our short break
Our trip will include:
- Coach transport – 32 seat Executive Diner Coach with pick-up points at Lewes, Uckfield & Haywards Heath – exact times will be confirmed nearer the day of departure.
- Two nights’ dinner, bed & breakfast at The Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Keepers Lane, Leavenheath, Colchester, Essex, CO6 4PZ. www.stokebynayland.com
- Travel to Sudbury, where we have arranged a visit to Melford Hall (NT) – the home of the Hyde Parker family and where Beatrix Potter has stayed.
- Morning – the Suffolk Punch horse is the oldest English breed of working horse. We’ll visit the Suffolk Punch Trust for a guided tour so you can see the horses at close quarters and visit the museum.
- Coach transfer to Snape Maltings (centre of music, independent shops, galleries & eateries set in re-purposed Victorian buildings) – with free time to purchase lunch.
- Afternoon – free time in the coastal town of Southwold.
- Private walking tour of Bury St. Edmunds with the theme of “Ladies of the Town”. The tour will be followed by free time to explore this pretty market town and purchase lunch before we commence our journey home.
The cost is £295 per person, based on two people sharing a room and places are limited to 32. Single rooms are available at an additional cost of £59.
A deposit of £25 per person would be payable at the time of booking and excludes travel insurance (you would be responsible for arranging this if you feel you need it).
This event will be re-advertised in our next Newsletter