For some time, we have been trying to work out a way of organising a trip to Chichester Festival Theatre but the timing has never worked out until now.
We are very pleased to announce that we have secured 50 tickets to see the matinee performance of Oklahoma! the musical, which will be followed by a two-course supper in The Brasserie beside the theatre.
With its glorious score and spirit of exuberant optimism Oklahoma! is the American musical by which all others are judged. Rodgers and Hammerstein broke new ground in perfectly integrating music and dance to tell a story whose darker undercurrents never overwhelm its rapturous vitality.
Among the unforgettable songs are “Oh What a Beautiful Mornin”, “The Surrey with The Fringe on Top” and the show stopper “Oklahoma!”
We aim to arrive in Chichester by 1 p.m., which will allow time for you to purchase refreshments and/or a light snack before the afternoon performance. Please select from the post-show supper menu below:
- Rump of Lamb, Harissa Couscous, Chargrilled Marinated Courgette, Lemon Yoghurt
- Roast Chicken Breast, Rosti Potato, Onion Puree, Tender Stem Broccoli, Red Wine Jus
- Roasted Salmon, Green Beans, Herb New Potatoes, Vine Tomato Salad, Spinach Leaf Pesto, Black Olives
- Spinach & Feta Filo Tart, Harissa Couscous, Chargrilled Marinated Courgette, Lemon Yogurt (v)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Macerated Strawberries, Balsamic Meringue, Basil Ice Cream
- Pina Colada Mess Tropical Fruit Salsa, Coconut Cream, Rum & Pineapple Gel, Coconut Meringue
Due to the direction of travel, we will be using slightly different coach pick-ups for this trip:
- Honey Sponge Peach Compote, Honeycomb, Yogurt Ice Cream
- 11.15 a.m. – Uckfield (Bus Station)
- 11.50 a.m. – Hickstead (The Castle Inn, London Road)
- 12.15 a.m. – Storrington (Bus Turning Circle, Old Mill Drive)
We will be leaving Chichester after supper by about 7 p.m.
The cost for Members is £67 with Guests at £79, which includes transport, theatre tickets, supper and the coach driver’s tip.
Please confirm your attendance by 08/07/19.
If you require an acknowledgement, please include an email address on the reply slip or enclose a SAE.
Cheques will be presented on or around July payday. N.B. Final numbers will be confirmed by 01/08/19 after which, we are unable to provide any refunds.