Now in its eighth year, “Call the Midwife” regularly captures the hearts of over 10 million viewers who tune in to watch the much-loved programme.
However, little do those viewers know that Chatham Historic Dockyard has been the backdrop for many of the show’s most memorable scenes.
We have arranged a themed walking tour, which will take about an hour and features material from the latest series, as well as props, costumes and sets.
We aim to arrive at Chatham Historic Dockyard by 11 a.m. for tea/coffee & biscuits. Suitably refreshed, we’ll begin our walking tour followed by a two-course lunch in The Mess Deck restaurant. There will also be some free time for you to explore the exhibitions if you wish.
Please make your food selection from the menu below and advise us on your reply slip, which appears in our February Newsletter, if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Traditional Fish & Chips - Cod in Nelson’s beer batter, served with chips, peas & home-made tartar sauce
- Kent Farmhouse Sausage & Mash - served with seasonal potatoes, vegetables & gravy
- Tomato & Basil Penne (v) - a rich tomato and basil sauce over penne & served with garlic bread
Tea & Coffee
- Strawberry cheesecake – an alternative will be provided for those with special diets
We will be using the usual coach pick-up points at the following times:
- 08:30 a.m. – Uckfield (Bus Station)
- 09:05 a.m. – Burgess Hill (Civic Way)
- 09:20 a.m. – Cuckfield (Whitemans Green Recreation Ground Car Park)
- 09:30 a.m. – Handcross (Sports & Social Club)
The cost for Members is £43 with Guests at £52, which includes transport, guided tour, morning refreshments, lunch and tips. Please confirm your attendance by 22/03/19.
If you require an acknowledgement, please include an email address on the reply slip or enclose a SAE. Cheques will be presented on or after May payday.
N.B. Final numbers will be confirmed by 04/05/19 after which, we are unable to provide any refunds.