Dorney Court is a medieval village Manor House that survives and exists today, much as it has done for close on 600 years. The building is Grade I listed and officially designated as being of outstanding architectural and historical interest.
The house is privately owned and the current owners have kindly agreed for us to have a private guided tour of the house and the adjoining church.
We begin our trip with a stop at a nearby pub, The Palmers Arms, where we have arranged a two-course lunch.
Suitably refreshed, we’ll make the short coach transfer to Dorney Court, where our guides will be ready for us.
After the tour, there will be time for you to purchase a cuppa and a cake perhaps, at Dorney Court Kitchen Garden, before we make our way home at around 4.45 p.m.
We will be using the usual coach pick-up points at the following times:
- 08.45 a.m. - Uckfield (Bus Station)
- 09.20 a.m. - Burgess Hill (Civic Way)
- 09.30 a.m. – Cuckfield (Whitemans Green Recreation Ground Car Park)
- 09.45 a.m. – Handcross (Sports & Social Club)
For the lunch, please make your selection from the menu below. Special diets can also be catered for as long as we know in advance:
- Baked Ham, Free Range Eggs & Triple Cooked Chips
- Oven Roasted Sausages, Creamed Potato, Buttered Greens & a Red Wine Jus
- Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad with Anchovies, Croutons & Shaved Parmesan
- Spicy Thai Coconut & Chickpea Curry with Basmati Rice
- Local Ale Battered Fish, Crushed Peas, Triple Cooked Chips & Homemade Tartar Sauce
- Warm Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Apple & Raisin Crumble with Custard
The cost for Members is £37 with Guests at £44, which includes transport, lunch & staff tips, house tour and the coach driver’s tip. On the day, if you wish to tip the tour guides, this is at your discretion.
Please confirm your attendance by 31/12/18. If you require an acknowledgement, please include an email address on the reply slip or enclose a SAE. Cheques will be presented on or around February payday.
N.B. Final numbers will be confirmed by 26/02/19 after which, we are unable to provide any refunds.