Opened in 1871, the Royal Albert Hall is one of London’s most iconic venues and tourist attractions. Over the past 147 years, it has hosted over 380,000 mesmerizing performances from Wagner to Sinatra, the Beatles to Beyoncé and Muhammed Ali to Adele, and is also home to the celebrated BBC Proms.
We have arranged a guided tour of this magical Grade-I listed building to help you experience the history, astonishing architecture and legendary performances. Highlights will include the Queen’s Box, the Royal Retiring Room, the main auditorium and the Gallery.
We aim to arrive at the venue by about 11 a.m. and have arranged tea/coffee & a Danish pastry before we start the tour. The one-hour tour will be followed by a three-course lunch in the Verdi Restaurant. We’ll head home about 4 p.m.
We will be using the usual coach pick-up points at the following times:
- 08:15 a.m. - Uckfield (Bus Station)
- 08:50 a.m. - Burgess Hill (Civic Way)
- 09:00 a.m. – Cuckfield (Whitemans Green Recreation Ground Car Park)
- 09:15 a.m. – Handcross (Sports & Social Club)
For the included lunch, please make your choices from the following menu. Special diets can also be catered for as long as we know in advance.
- Arancini – mushroom & mozzarella risotto balls, tomato garlic sauce
- Bruschetta – garlic bread, baby plum tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, basil
- Seasonal Salad - baby gem lettuce, lamb lettuce, quinoa, pickled peach, gorgonzola, pumpkin seeds
- Chicken - grilled chicken breast, potatoes, tomato sauce, olives & capers
- Salmon – steamed salmon with green vegetables
- Tagliatelle Bolognese – minced veal & pork
- Fusilli Pasta with vegetables – aubergines, ricotta salata shavings, tomato & fresh basil
- Margherita Pizza – basil, tomato & mozzarella
- Torta al Cioccolato – with yoghurt ice cream
- Strudel – apple, mixed berries & vanilla ice cream
The cost for Members is £47 with Guests at £56, which includes transport, morning refreshments, lunch & tips.
Please confirm your attendance 31/12/18. If you require an acknowledgement, please include an email address on the reply slip or enclose a SAE.
Cheques will be presented on or around January payday.
N.B. Final numbers will be confirmed by 19/01/19 after which, we are unable to provide any refunds.